A General Manager must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our Customers succeed and growing our business with integrity. Professional level sales and management position capable of supporting functions on both sides of the business. The role requires understanding of store systems, automotive systems, parts knowledge and has the ability to identify, troubleshoot and project assist for DIY. Responsible for developing and maintaining Professional Customer relationships and program growth. Is accountable for achieving financial metrics and maintaining service and appearance standards.
- Manages day-to-day store operations and commercial customer relationships to ensure maximum profits with lowest possible investment.
- Achieve overall store sales goals and service objectives
- Manage and grow Professional Customer relationships/sales, including building and holding team accountable to executing Customer action plans
- Selection, hiring, development, performance mgmt., coaching, scheduling and engagement of store Team Members
- Ensure execution of all inventory and operational standards
- Ability to lead change management
- Embrace diversity and foster a respectful environment for both Customers and Team Members
- Budgets and manages daily/weekly payroll to achieve stated profit plan goals.
- Partners with the sales teams and the regional director of sales at the retail level to implement sales campaigns designed to meet or exceed profit plan goals.
- Maintains consistent accounts receivable collection procedures, current files and supervises collection matters.
- Use company developed programs to monitor and control store inventory investment.
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a General Manager
- Working knowledge of automotive systems preferred
- Speak and write English; communicate effectively and build strong relationships with Customers, peers and upper management
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, sales increases, and gross profit percent
- Ability to review and analyze business reports, such as profit and loss statement (P&L)
- Hold others accountable, inspect work quality and give feedback in a way that is inspiring
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a General Manager up for Success
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team of 10 - 20 Team Members in a fast-paced and highly dynamic retail environment
- Successful experience managing profitability; proven financial and business acumen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and basis of disability or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.