We are the Maritimes' John Deere Dealership with 14 locations to serve you.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated person to fill the position of Parts Manager at our Summerside, PEI location
Manages the Parts Department operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment by optimizing department’s processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction is exceptional and above industry standards. Grows profitable parts sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel. Will assist in Customer Experience strategy for Branch.
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assists in creating annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives
- Accountable for financials of Parts Department. Review of monthly income statements as well as EQUP and Foresight reports in order to make operational changes to meet budget goals.
- Ensures EQUIP business system including Foresight is being utilized and all Barcode capabilities are optimized.
- Executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Ensures showroom is merchandised properly; maintaining that display(s) and product(s) and product area is clean, organized and priced
- Reviews all paper work for completeness and accuracy
- Ensures all ordering is completed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory following company policy for proper counting procedures
- Works with Service Department ensuring all parts warranties are submitted within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit
- Schedules all Parts Staff vacations, after hours on-call schedule for all staff including self, providing a visible calendar for all Parts staff and Branch Manager
- Schedules and assigns jobs to employees in the Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Responsible for performing Annual employee reviews as set by HR.
- Responsible for assisting in planning of customer clinics and events at the Branch level.
- Working with HR responsible for reporting, documenting and processing all Incident Reports, WCB claims, and back to work procedures.
- With HR and Senior manager(s); manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
Support Company Objectives:
- Prepare departmental reports efficiently, accurately, and in a timely fashion for senior management.
- Constant attention to cost reduction and savings
- Encourage and support teamwork, work place safety and cooperative fun work environment
- Work closely with senior management team in general oversight and monitoring of Branch operations.
- Support Corporate Aftermarket Manager with the overall development of the aftermarket business in achieving goals set for the department.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years’ experience in Parts Department Operations/College or University Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to understand financial principles relative to Parts Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid clean Driver’s License
We offer full-time employment, an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization and a competitive compensation package which includes salary, family health benefits and company pension plan.
Please submit your resume today!
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.