General Purpose of the Job
The general purpose of the position is to maintain a high level of safety, production, quality, and on-time attendance, and ensure individual productivity, work within a team to achieve production goals, actively participate in Matsu’s continuous improvement programs, and follow policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be responsible to adhere, identify and report all safety issues that occur on shift, and maintain a clean and safe work environment on a daily basis. The associate must be able to perform required maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on both Transfer and Progressive line dies. As needed the associate will be required to drive and operate Fork lift machines and Crane lift devices as trained to do so and conduct quality verification of product as per procedure.
- The incumbent must communicate tooling issues to his supervisor in a timely fashion, follow operation standards and complete all checks and verification's as required as well as complete any other tasks/duties as assigned.
- Studies specification such as blueprints, sketches, models and visualises product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate and/or repair dies.
- Profound in the ability to read drawing’s through CAD, Mastercam, Catia.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Setup and operate tool room machines such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, radial drill press, CNC milling machine.
- Profound in the use of various hand tools such as right angle grinders, hand drills, die grinders.
- Profound in dimensional verification tools such as Vernier gauge, micrometer, and height gauge.
- The incumbent must be well rounded in multiple welding techniques such as Tig, Arc and Mig
The incumbent is responsible for generating daily maintenance tracking reports that include both general repair and preventative maintenance and any other reports as required by the department.
Successful completion of high school diploma
Red Seal certificate for tool and die and/or equivalent
Please apply now!