We are presently looking for Personal Support Workers (PSW) for our Retirement Village in Carp, Ontario.
Our resident is just minutes from Kanata and Stittsville and nestled on the south of the Carp Ridge escarpment.
The Village of Carp is a quaint and prosperous community within the city limits of Ottawa. We are close to the medical centre, cafés & local restaurants, churches, and the Carp Fairgrounds.
We are a full-service seniors residence offering our residents a continuum of care. With 129 suites, we offer Independent Senior Living as well as a dedicated care floor for Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Come join us and help make a difference in the life of our Seniors!
As employees at our resident, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day!
Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence. Every day we create opportunities for seniors to discover new things about themselves, the people around them and the world we live in. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the Health and Wellness Manager, participates in the delivery of care to
residents. Delivers care to residents based on individualized care plan, policies and procedures, and
established standards of care.
- Participates in the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) program.
- Provides care to residents including cognitive, social and emotional support, according to their plan
of care and in a manner that promotes comfort and safety.
- Performs nursing care procedures in accordance with the standards of resident care.
- Follows routine practices in all aspects of care and complies with infection control protocols (i.e. outbreak
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and
Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety
hazards, reporting incidents and/or any changes to resident’s daily life, fulfilling responsibilities under
the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Completes nursing documentation accurately and legibly. Maintains health records in compliance
with legislation's (i.e. Privacy Act).
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating the outcome of specific interventions regularly and offers
suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related tasks as delegated by the Unregulated Care Provider (UCP) / Registered
Practical Nurse (RPN) / Health and Wellness Manager or General Manager.
Job Type / Category
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Has obtained a certificate from an approved Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- Has completed a minimum of grade 12.
- Preference given to individuals with experience in long-term care or retirement residence.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
- A resident-oriented individual, whose visions and values align with those of our company.
- Top wages based on experience
- Benefits package.
- Excellent company culture
- Very clean and safe working environment
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Please apply today!