We are presently looking for Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) for our Retirement Village in Carp, Ontario.
Our resident is just minutes from Kanata and Stittsville and nestled on the south of the Carp Ridge escarpment.
The Village of Carp is a quaint and prosperous community within the city limits of Ottawa. We are close to the medical centre, cafés & local restaurants, churches, and the Carp Fairgrounds.
We are a full-service seniors residence offering our residents a continuum of care. With 129 suites, we offer Independent Senior Living as well as a dedicated care floor for Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Come join us and help make a difference in the life of our Seniors!
As employees at our resident, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day!
Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence. Every day we create opportunities for seniors to discover new things about themselves, the people around them and the world we live in. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the discretion of the Health and Wellness Manager, is responsible for the health and
wellness of residents in accordance with the vision, values and standards of our company.
- Has obtained a recognized nursing license (RPN/LPN licensing) and must be in good standing.
- Has demonstrated excellent leadership skills
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
- Must have proficient computer skills (i.e. Word and Excel).
- Has some experience working within a union setting.
- Preference is given to individuals with 2 years of experience working with seniors.
- A resident-oriented individual, whose visions and values align with those of our company.
- Participates in the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) program.
- Completes pre-move-in and ongoing assessments on the health and wellness needs of individual
residents and makes recommendations to the appropriate departments/parties/General Manager, as
necessary, regarding an individual’s suitability for residence and their needs.
- Stays up-to-date on services provided and works with residents and their families to meet the residents needs.
- Ensures the resident’s file is established, with proper documentation and safe practices related to
medication administration processes.
- Organizes a plan of care to promote resident independence based on legislation (i.e.RHRA)
- Updates residents plan of care every 6 months (or as required)
- Obtains input from the Case Worker to help make decisions regarding the individual’s suitability
for the residence.
- Recruits, interviews and selects new employees.
- Serves as a leader and helps develop employees to ensure an adequate level of service and job standard are achieved.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals and addresses performance issues.
- Oversees and prepares staff scheduling to include shift changes, vacation and leaves of absence.
- Holds regular department meetings to communicate and update employees as per company policies
- Provides input into the preparation of capital and operational budgets.
- Provides input for variance reports for any negative financial statements.
- Manages the department finance, including inventory management and purchasing.
- Reviews and promotes initiatives that help generate revenue.
- Approves/signs off on invoices.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and
Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety
hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as
participating in in-services and fire drills. Implements and ensures infection prevention control
protocols are being followed.
- Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding the development/modification of policies and procedures.
- Participates and contributes during the operations meeting.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Builds internal and external relationships with residents, other departments, families, hospitals,
government departments, etc.
- Advocates, collaborates and empathetically communicates with these groups to ensure optimal wellness outcomes are achieved.
- Works in conjunction with Sales and Marketing to raise awareness about the residence and services
- Performs other related tasks as delegated by the Health and Wellness Manager and/or General
- Top wages based on experience
- Benefits package.
- Excellent company culture
- Very clean and safe working environment
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Please apply today!