Our Hospital and Nursing Home are located in the Town of Arnprior, less than 30 minutes northwest of Ottawa. Experience high quality professional practice in our progressive, well-equipped 44 bed Hospital and/or the personal satisfaction of quality resident care in our 60-bed nursing home. There are approximately 380 staff, 200 volunteers, and a growing number of medical staff providing exemplary care to over 30,000 residents of West Ottawa, McNab/Braeside, Arnprior and portions of Mississippi Mills.
We are currently seeking casual Dietary Aides and Cooks to work at hospital and nursing home in our Food Services Department.
- Minimum of Grade 12
- Health Care Food Service Worker Certificate from a community college required (for applications to The Grove Nursing Home)
- Current Food Handler Certificate required
- Must have knowledge of sanitation and safety
- Must possess the ability to understand and apply instructions
Must have the physical capability to stand most of the time and perform light to moderate work
**Before you apply – Please ensure you clearly state your qualifications for the position noted below. Applicants must have a current Food Handler’s Certificate AND their Food Service Worker Certificate (1 year college certificate) if applying for a position. If you have not yet completed your Food Service Worker Certificate but are currently enrolled in the program, you may also be considered. Dietary Aide positions at require a current Food Handler Certificate.**
- Cook certification from a recognized College or related post-secondary program.
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate required.
- Must have knowledge of cooking methods and terminology, sanitation and safety.
- Must have the ability to plan, implement and complete work tasks in an organized timely fashion. Must be able to communicate and maintain a normal working relationship with co-workers, delivery personnel, residents/clients, family and community partners.
- Must have the physical capability to stand most of the time and perform light to moderate work. The Kitchen environment may be subject to sudden temperature and humidity changes. Maximum awareness and alertness must be maintained at all times to minimize personal and peer injury.
In the absence of the Food Service Manager or Food Service Supervisor the Cook is responsible for the general operation of the Food Services Department. May assist in the orientation of new dietary personnel.
Inadvertent error could lead to resident/client discomfort, dissatisfaction and be detrimental to the image of the home.
**Before you apply - Please ensure you clearly state your qualifications for the position noted below. Applicants must have a current Food Handler's Certificate AND their Cook certification from a recognized College or related post-secondary program. **