The Accounts Payable Clerk will work with standard procedures such as: accurate GL coding for all AP invoices, manufacture parts invoices and employee expense report; prepare bank, flooring, petty cash reconciliations, and process cheque runs on a daily basis and ensure no overdue A/P accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A/P invoice and employee expense report coding
- Manufacturer parts invoice entry and statement reconciliations
- Data entry in ADP
- Daily on demand cheque processing
- Maintain and update vendor accounts information
- Bank reconciliation for all accounts
- Filing A/P and manufacture parts invoices on a weekly basis
- Such other duties as may be assigned
- At least 1 year of relevant accounting experience in a high-volume, complex business
- College diploma or enrolled in accounting program
- Prefer auto industry experience
- Responsible, hard-working and willing to work flextime in order to accommodate month-end deadlines
Skills and Competencies:
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong English communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to set and accomplish priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a high performing team
- Knowledge of ADP would be an asset.
WHY WORK HERE:
- We pay 100% of the premiums for Extended Health, Dental, and MSP
- Participation in our RRSP matching program
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Tuition assistance
- In-house training program
- Parts and service discounts
- Employee referral bonuses
- Quiet lounges
- On-site beverages, espresso, lattes, cocoa and more
Along with a strong staff focus, we encourage participation/critical thinking in problem solving, thinking outside the box, creating new ideas etc., to create a healthy and productive work environment.
For over fifty years, we have provided the best experiences possible to our customers and our employees. This year, we have been named one of "Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers of 2019 & 2020" as announced by the Globe & Mail. Our customer-centric core values help our employees understand and embrace our service commitments to our customers.
If you are interested in growing with a dynamic, customer-focused organization, and looking for career growth, we invite you to send your resume in.