Our company has been recognized for providing exemplary care to its local residents and the surrounding population for generations. With 500 dedicated and highly trained staff members in our three operating divisions and a growing number of physicians, we proudly offer the attention and personal care that only a small community hospital can provide. We are a 52-bed Hospital that offers an extensive range of services including a complete range of obstetrical care, 24-hour Emergency Department, Medical/Surgical Services, Complex Continuing Care, Allied Health services and a growing Perioperative Program. Our team of Paramedics provide services for over 57,000 residents throughout Lanark County and our Long Term Care facility is currently the home to 112 residents. Our organization provides a continuum of excellent, efficient and integrated services with our focus being to improve the health and quality of life of those we serve.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Integrated Vice President of Diagnostic Services, Performance and Chief Financial Officer; the Payroll Coordinator will be in integral part of the Finance Team and will work in collaboration with the Human Resources Team to ensure the accurate integrity of the payroll database. The Payroll Coordinator will ensure the efficient processing of the bi-weekly pay up to and including the preparation of all statutory remittances and the balancing of monthly and year end general ledgers accounts as they relate to the payroll function.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of biweekly payroll and system administration for all divisions
- Supports employee life cycle in the payroll system including new hires, leaves of absence, salary increases, collective agreement and COLA increases, retro payments, transfers, terminations, and retirements.
- Ensures integrity of the payroll system through ongoing quality improvement, auditing and testing
- Ability to interpret Collective Agreements and demonstrated knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, Employment Insurance Act, Canada Pension Plan Act, Income Tax Act and other relevant employment legislation.
- Comprehensive understanding of Payroll and Human Resources operations as related to defined benefit pension plans, compensation and benefits.
- Knowledge of T4 preparation, year-end reporting to Canada Revenue Agency & Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Strong orientation to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work independently with exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Required to assist with system upgrades and technological advancements
- A minimum of 3 years of recent and relevant payroll experience; preferably in a health care or a multiple unionized environment.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business/Finance or Human Resources or a recognized equivalent.
- PCP certification would be considered an asset.
- Member of the CPA would be preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Possesses a collaborative approach to problem resolution and must work well in team environment
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Defined Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
If you require accommodation throughout any part of the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources to let us know how we may assist you.