Our company is a leading North American bakery (formerly Weston Foods, fresh and frozen businesses) with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa. Our company is a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are not just a job, we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
The apprentice is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
- PLC and HMI programming changes and troubleshooting including modification and calibration of equipment; weight scales VFD, Servomotors and network communications (electrical).
- Repair, troubleshooting and installation of machinery including electrical and electronic equipment, control systems and automation (electrical)
- Electrical wiring and testing of automated systems (electrical)
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and mill machines to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills are required
- Strong people skills - approachable, a good listener and empathetic
- Previously worked in a manufacturing environment (even better if it was food manufacturing!)
- Dedicated to the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues
- Digest constructive feedback as an opportunity to listen and improve your skills and performance
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs as needed
- A lover of bread and baked goods!
- Flexible for Days / Afternoons / Nights Rotation, 8 -10 Hour Shifts
- Great working environment
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Must be able to work every other weekend
Pay Rate: $29.51 hourly
Bonus: Health & dental benefits, tool allowance, pension plan, paid vacation and holidays, overtime opportunities and more!
Come join our team that takes pride in the work we do to bake delicious bread and rolls that celebrate special occasions and helps elevate everyday moments from coast to coast. We provide long-term employment opportunities with a great Canadian-based company that provides onboarding and job training.
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence.
Weston Foods is an equal opportunity employer. M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer