Gain the tools you need to succeed.
Here, we value the hard work and dedication of our Skilled Trades team. We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America, but we also produce some of the most highly-demanded vehicles in the industry – from the Toyota Corolla to the Lexus NX. This is your chance to join a company that’s centered around continuously improving and achieving more than you ever thought possible.
We're hiring 10+ Skilled Trades Team Members.
As an Industrial Millwright, you’ll belong to our Skilled Trades group. Not only do we make safety, performance and teamwork our major priorities, we believe that anyone can reach their highest potential. From challenging your thinking to finding the reason for a problem, you’ll be part of a culture that’s committed to creating solutions and exceeding expectations every single day.
Here, you’ll find the rewards, innovation, empowerment, learning, performance and teamwork you need to succeed as an Industrial Millwright. In your role, you’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, but you’ll also implement solutions that lead to continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to join our company that’s pushing the boundaries and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Working at one of Canada’s Top 100 employers means opportunity, challenge and teamwork.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Troubleshoot and repair a wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment unique to automotive manufacturing, including conveyors, overhead and transfer systems, automated guided vehicles, cylinders and presses
- Perform welding, sheet metal fabricating, hand finishing, grinding, and polishing
- Design and test hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment and systems
- Perform preventative maintenance on highly automated equipment in accordance with standardized procedures to maintain equipment performance to achieve equipment uptime and production line targets
- Starting rate of $43.26/hour and increase to a full-time rate after 6 months of $45.54/hour.
- Shift premiums of $2.28 (afternoons) and $4.55 (nights)
- Annual bonus based on company and personal achievements
- Flexible Health Care Benefits and Defined Contribution Pension Plan starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Tuition coverage for career development and personal interest courses
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, an allowance for uniforms and education
- Access to an onsite fitness center
- On-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities
- Ontario or Inter-Provincial 426A/433A Millwright Certificate of Qualification
- Completion of Apprenticeship as a Millwright with relevant work experience is preferred or 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and machine components
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and completing preventative maintenance on different types of equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- In-depth problem-solving skills
- Experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD
- Welding and machine shop/fabrication experience
- Rigging and hoisting experience is preferred
- Interest in learning and applying new mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- The flexibility to work at Cambridge and/or Woodstock facility
Anything you need to do your job is covered. The company provides whatever you need to make your job easier. – Maintenance Team Member
The job is done when you leave the door – you can relax. The 3 shifts allow you to go home vs staying back to keep working. –Maintenance Team Member