We are a designer and manufacturer of precision stamped and assembled metallic components for the automotive industry.
General Purpose of the Job
The general purpose of this position is to:
- Build, service, maintain, repair, install and test new or existing common controls and sensors including PLC’s, HMIs, press controls and robotic systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair I/O logic circuits and devices, including mechanical, infrared, laser and inductive sensors, and hydraulic systems.
- Build, troubleshoot and repair electrical panels utilizing relay and programmable logic circuity
- Wright advanced programs for PLC logic and robot controllers and make modifications as the process requires
- Carry out preventative maintenance activities
- Perform related mechanical/electrical duties as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities and major activities
- Ability to complete tasks requiring lifting
- Support and participate in continuous improvement projects
- Certified tradesperson or have completed a specialized course from a community/recognized college
- 3 years of skills gained and experience in applicable automotive production
- Background in troubleshooting and programming PLC’s, preferably in an automotive environment
- PLC programming experience with Allen Bradley and Omron and Mitsubishi
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting automated equipment, robotic systems and press controls
- Field wiring installation and industrial wiring safety standards experience.
- Familiar with the Ontario Electrical Code.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send us your resume today for further consideration!