Our company has 45 years’ experience designing, fabricating and constructing modularized gas and oil processing facilities, compression and power generation equipment. our company operates a multi branch service network across Western Canada and the Rocky Mountain States. Our company is authorized to sell and service Waukesha and Caterpillar engines as well as Ariel, Mycom, Cooper, Dresser-Rand, Gemini, Sullair and Howden compressors.
We are currently seeking a Journeyman Millwright / Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our growing team in our Lloydminster, AB facility to help maintain, develop and grow business and customer relations. If you are an eager, team player- with a desire to grow in a fast paced environment, this may be the opportunity you may be looking for.
- Apply knowledge of gas compression packages (panels, controls, instrumentation, and package operation) and engine/compressor component life cycles to optimize equipment run times;
- Interpret flow sheets and drawings;
- Demonstrate an understanding of mounting and alignment, commissioning, package operations, mechanical components, instrumentation, and electronics;
- Perform startups, servicing, repairs, overhauls, and warranty work in remote locations;
- Diagnose and trouble shoot engine compressor problems;
- Diagnose problems and provide recommendations to Service Coordinator and clients;
- Verify all proper setting and adjustments on compression packages;
- Judge priorities on unit repairs in terms of down time, customer importance, potential losses, and efficient working methods;
- Maintain documentation of mechanical services, labour time entry, expenses, parts orders,
- Complete and submit paper work related to startups, servicing, warranty work, etc;
- Provide direction to apprentice mechanics;
- Order parts as necessary.
- Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
- 3+ years’ experience within the oil & gas compression servicing industry
- Customer service skills
- Excellent administration, communication and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in remote locations without supervision
- Experience with new package commissioning is an asset
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Flexibility for 25–50% overnight travel
- Paid extended health & dental benefits
- Paid vacation time
- Subsistence paid on extended stay
- Group savings and investment plans
- Opportunity for over-time
- Boot and clothing allowance
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.