WAASEGIIZHG NANAANDAWE'IYEWIGAMIG EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Junior Health Promoter (3 contract positions)
We provide primary health care through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our teams include health professionals, educators, and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care, and use wholistic health and community development concepts.
Junior Heath Promoter is a mentored position that support mino-bimaadiziwin through proactive, wholistic health promotion activities coordinated in collaboration with WNHAC providers and member communities. The focus is on primary and secondary prevention of disease through healthy, positive lifestyles. The position involves extensive travel throughout the catchment area.
NOTE: Anishinaabe traditional practices involving burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar and other cultural protocols occur regularly within our work setting.
▪ OSSD, GED, or appropriate combination of relevant education and work experience;
▪ demonstrated experience and understanding of wholistic health and well-being;
▪ experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin is an asset;
▪ demonstrated ability to work in an inter-professional team;
▪ willingness and ability to travel; valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required;
▪ criminal record/vulnerable sector check and current drivers’ abstract required;
▪ proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory:
▪ commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements;
▪ positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model.
Salary is competitive and reflects both the responsibilities of the position and conditions of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Junior Health Promoter Position
P.O. Box 320,
(888) MYWNHAC ext 225
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please