Mitrex, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for an experienced, licensed Production Supervisor to manage and supervise staff in manufacturing products, to organize and monitor workflow and all aspects of production process to reach the production goal.
At Mitrex, we develop and manufacture solar construction materials for buildings and large structures (Mitrex.com). As the world's first manufacturer to develop customizable solar solutions, we are revolutionizing the construction industry, while helping to move the world toward clean, sustainable energy production.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a great company culture. The successful candidate will join our production team in Etobicoke, and report to the Plant Manager.
- Technical Degree or Diploma Required. Eng and/or CET preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a technical production staff of skilled and semi-skilled workers in an automated High-Volume manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with ERP systems with a proficiency in Material Planning, Warehouse Management, and Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting equipment Mechanical and Electrical Drawings. Experience troubleshooting and resolving Mechanical and Electrical Equipment Failures.
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming an asset, but not a requirement.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong leadership, effective communication skills, problem solving ability, conflict management and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Ensures compliance of the workforce to Mitrex’s total health and safety program and ensures adherence to all safe working practices.
- Ensures a safe work environment as top priority, with emphasis on training employees, addressing hazards, conducting investigations, and enforcing safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ongoing attainment of the planned production schedule. Organizes and manages a labour plan within targeted budgets.
- Oversees and manages all ongoing maintenance activity, including the ongoing management of a PM program.
- Leads and facilitates CI activity and ensures problem solving/troubleshooting best practices are followed.
- Manages all Shipping/Receiving activity, maintains inventory control within budgeted targets.
- Ensures that staff training files & certificates are current and up to date
- Conducts daily pre-production meetings to ensure success & safety. Completes shift end KPI reports.
- Pays immediate attention to all production issues and resolves work related problems as required. Escalates issues as they arise accordingly.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary of $65,000-$80,000/year depending on experience, plus an annual bonus based on performance.
- Extended medical and health coverage (including vision, dental, and life)
- Competitive RRSP Matching for tenured employees
- Free charging and reserved parking for electric vehicles
- Collaborative and diverse culture, open concept modern office space
- Unlimited room for advancement and growth
- Backed by 20 years of experience through our parent company, GCAT Group
- Full-time and permanent position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.
Mitrex Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from Diverse backgrounds. Candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada (without employer sponsorship) and can commute to the office every day are welcome to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our company. However, due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls (except for accommodation requests) or unsolicited agency calls, please.